If you have a question not answered below please do not hesitate to contact us.
Prices & Tax
- Do the prices on the site include duty & V.A.T.?
- The majority of the wines on the site are listed for sale in bond (IB) and these prices include neither duty or V.A.T. at 20%. Wines that are listed DP on the site are already duty paid and require only the addition of V.A.T.
- How much is duty?
- Currently duty is charged at the following rates per 9 litre case of wine:
- Still wine exceeding 5.5% but less than 15% =£24.60
- Still wine exceeding 15% but less than 22% =£32.79
- Sparkling wine exceeding 8.5% but less than 15% =£31.51
- Can duty paid wines be returned to bond?
- Unfortunately this is not possible, once duty is paid wine cannot be returned to bond.
- I live outside the UK, what taxes do I have to pay?
- This depends on where you are based, for private customers in E.U. counties all local UK taxes (i.e. duty and V.A.T.) have to be paid. For customers based in and shipping the wines to a country outside the E.U. orders can be invoiced exempt of U.K. duty and V.A.T. however, you may be subject to local taxes in the territory into which you are importing (note: if the wines ordered are not currently stored in bond the duty has already been paid, is included in the price of the wine and cannot be reclaimed).
- What is your minimum order?
- Our minimum order is £500 (excluding V.A.T. and duty charges).
- I’ve placed an order via the website, is this confirmed?
- No, orders are confirmed once we send you a completed invoice via email, not at the point of placing the order via website. Please do not regard any prices or orders as final until you receive written confirmation from a member of our team.
- When will my card be charged?
- Your card will not be charged until we have confirmed your order and payment details with you. Please note that certain cards will incur surcharges.
- What surcharges will I incur for paying with a credit or debit card?
- Surcharges will be applied as follows:
- Debit cards – NO FEE
- Visa Credit – 1.5% surcharge
- Mastercard – 1.5% surcharge
- Amex – 3% surcharge
- Once I place an order how soon will I receive my wines?
- All of the wines listed on the site are owned by Roberson Wine and the majority are currently in stock. Provided a wine is in stock we anticipate delivery within the UK mainland within one week. Delivery to other countries can be arranged but please contact us for details.
- What do you do with my personal information?
- We only use your personal information for processing your order. If you opt to receive offers from us via e-mail we will send these out too, but you will be given the option to unsubscribe in every e-mail we send. We will never give your personal information to a third party.
- Do the prices include delivery/transfer to my storage account?
- Delivery within the U.K. mainland for orders over £2,000 is free. Deliveries for orders under that amount or to other destinations will be charged at cost. Transfer to storage accounts at London City Bond, Vinotheque or other storage (Octavian, EHD, etc.) will be charged at the prevailing cost.
- Who delivers my order?
- Within London we will normally deliver your order ourselves. For deliveries elsewhere we use careful, reliable couriers who sort by hand and with whom we have established relationships.
- Is wine delivered in its original packaging?
- Where a wine is listed on the site as O.W.C. (Original Wooden Case) it will be delivered in as such. Other wines may be repackaged by us for transit.
If you have a question not answered above please do not hesitate to contact us.