TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions contain legal information related to this site, the Distance Selling Regulations and your contract to purchase. If you have a question about ordering, delivery, or any other aspect of our servive the best place to start is with our FAQs.
This website is owned and operated by:
21-27 Seagrave Road
London SW6 1RP
Tel: +44 (0)207 381 7870
Fax: +44 (0)207 610 3791
All enquiries should be directed to the above address.
Our V.A.T. number is GB 998 1111 94 and our company registration number is 04402491.
PRODUCT LISTINGS, PRICES AND STOCK LEVELS
- All prices on this website include U.K. duty and V.A.T.
- Prices on this website apply only to orders placed online and may differ from those offered through other channels. Any promotions advertised on this website may not be available through other channels.
- We reserve the right to alter prices and end promotions at any time without notice.
- Although we attempt to ensure prices are accurate at all times, errors sometimes occur. In this event, we will not be obliged to fulfil orders for wines which are priced incorrectly and we may cancel your order before your contract to purchase is complete.
- Although we attempt to ensure stock levels are accurate at all times, errors sometimes occur. In this event, we will not be obliged to fulfil orders for wines which are unavailable and we may cancel your order before your contract to purchase is complete.
- Individual wine bottles (especially from older vintages) vary in appearance. The photographs on this site are for illustrative purposes only and do not necessarily reflect the look of the bottle(s) you will receive.
- Case discounts apply to many products across the site and are automatically triggered when your total purchase reaches six or twelve bottles. Most wines have three prices:
- The standard bottle price.
The 10% off price, which is applied when your total purchase reaches six bottles.
The 15% off price which is applied when your total purchase reaches 12 bottles.
- Fine Wine and wines on special offer are excluded and will not be discounted further, but they are included when counting how many bottles are in your basket and therefore mixed cases which include them will still have the appropriate case discount applied to eligible wines.
- Champagne is excluded from the 12 bottle, 15% off discount, but is still discounted by 10% when bought as part of a total purchase of six bottles or more. Some Champagne will be classed as Fine Wine or may be on special offer, in which case no discount will be given.
- Fine Wine and wines on special offer are defined by Roberson Wine and are indicated around the site.
- We reserve the right to exclude any other wines from the standard discount structure at any time.
- Case discounts cannot be used in conjunction with special offer discount codes. If a code is entered at the checkout, only the greater discount will apply to lines eligible for both offers.
- We take credit card fraud very seriously and carry out checks on every order we receive. For the protection of all our customers, we will cancel any order that fails these checks, or on the advice of our payment provider, the issuing bank or the cardholder.
- If an attempted order is shown to be fraudulent, we will inform the police and cancel any further orders traced to the same customer.
- Full details of our current delivery services including charges, options and estimated delivery times can be found in the 'Delivery' section of our Ordering FAQs page.
- Although we make every effort to deliver your order on time, please note that delivery dates found around the site and in confirmation emails are estimates and not guarantees. If you feel your delivery is taking longer than it should please contact us.
- We accept orders online for delivery to most parts of the world. Orders for delivery to most E.U. countries will have their delivery charges automatically added to the order before payment. Orders for delivery to countries outside our usual delivery area (Zone 10) will require us to first check that we can deliver to you and then provide a custom quotation. We will only arrange to take payment from you once you approve this total, and only after this will your order be confirmed.
- We only accept orders for delivery to physical addresses. We cannot deliver to P.O. boxes.
- For most deliveries, wine will be repackaged in secure inflatable packaging and the original packaging will not be included.
- In the event that you are not able to receive delivery and you do not rearrange delivery with our courier within their specified time frame the goods may be returned to us. Should this happen, we will charge you again for any subsequent delivery attempt.
- We regret that we cannot ship gift packaging, Wine Club membership and certain other restricted items to addresses outside the U.K.
- Tasting tickets are sent by email.
- Gift vouchers are posted first class and can only be ordered for delivery within the U.K.
- Under the U.K.’s Distance Selling Regulations, you may cancel your order and receive a full refund, including any delivery charges, up to seven working days beginning from the day after it is delivered.
- To cancel, you must notify us by email or in writing within this time. Reply to your order confirmation email or visit the contact us page for other ways to do so.
- Once you have cancelled your order, your card will be refunded and the goods must be returned to us. You may arrange to have them returned yourself or we can organise a courier, but either way you will be responsible for paying the entire cost of their transportation.
- You will not be liable to pay carriage charges in the event that you are returning a product we have substituted for one you originally ordered (such as is sometimes the case with gift packages or where an older vintage of a regular line has been replaced with a newer one).
- You are required to take reasonable care of the goods while they are in your possession such that they are returned to us in a saleable condition.
RETURNING FAULTY, DAMAGED OR MISDELIVERED GOODS
- In the event that a wine sold for under £60.00 is corked or otherwise out of condition we will offer a refund or a replacement once it is returned to us for inspection and we confirm the fault. We can arrange a courier for you or you can organise the return yourself, but please note you will be required to pay all carriage charges in both directions.
- We regret that we will not refund or exchange corked or out of condition wines sold for £60.00 or more. These fine wines are sold as seen.
- We will not refund or exchange any wine which has been open too long or improperly stored.
- In the event that your order or part of your order is broken in transit we will offer a replacement (provided we can still supply the product from stock) or a refund as you choose and you will not be liable for any additional delivery charges.
- Should your order arrive damaged you may either refuse the entire delivery or note down the damage with the delivery driver when receiving the goods. If you sign for the goods without doing this, it will be assumed they have been received in good condition, so please check your delivery carefully. Please contact us as soon as possible to inform us of a breakage.
- In the event that the wrong products are delivered to you we will replace them (provided we can still supply the product(s) from stock) or refund your order. You will not be liable for any additional delivery charges in this instance.
ROBERSON WINE CLUB TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- When you sign up to the Roberson Wine Club, you pay for the first month's subscription (£99.00). This covers the first case. You will receive a welcome pack shortly after signing up. Your first case will follow when it is due.
- Cases are sent out in the first week of December, February, April, June, August and October. The cut-off date to sign up to receive any of these cases as your first delivery is the last Tuesday of the preceding month.
- After the first case, we will attempt to charge your card on the first Tuesday in a Wine Club month. If we are unable to obtain authorisation from your bank, we will contact you. Your case will be delivered shortly after we successfully take payment.
- If you wish to cancel your subscription or skip a case, you must give notice by the last Tuesday in the month before a case is due to be sent out to avoid being charged again.
- You may cancel at any time by contacting us.
- As soon as you cancel, your membership benefits cease and any discounts you were entitled to become invalid. Any free tasting tickets you reserved as a Wine Club member will also be cancelled.
- Your membership entitles you to 15% off the single bottle prices of most of our wines, both in store and online. You will receive a unique code in your membership pack which can be entered during at the website checkout or used in our Kensington High Street shop. This discount is not applicable to Fine Wine, Champagne, wines already on special offer and gift vouchers. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or offer, including case discounts. We reserve the right to exclude further products from this discount and otherwise alter its terms without notice.
- Your membership also entitles you to a free ticket to selected Roberson Wine tasting events (at least three per year). Booking is required in advance and places are subject to availability. You will be informed via email when an event is available to book.
- Roberson Wine Club membership is only available in the U.K. We cannot ship Wine Club cases overseas.
- Your subscription charge includes delivery to mainland England, Wales and southern Scotland. Delivery to other parts of the U.K. will incur a surcharge.
- All Roberson Wine Club cases consist of six bottles and are selected entirely by Roberson Wine.