BARREL AGED ASSYRTIKO 2017
Richly textured, succulent-style Assyrtiko from one of the finest young estates on Santorini - Vassaltis Vineyards. Owner Yiannis Valambous reclaimed his old family vineyards in 2010, and has rapidly become the rising star of the island's winemaking scene.
- Bursting with steely, intense, mineral-laden character, combined with beautifully-integrated oak spice.
- Ripe citrus flavours, succulent texture and a long finish of crisp minerals
- Described in The Sunday Times by Will Lyons as "one of the finest Greek wines I've ever tasted."
- Drink up to 7 years after release.
- Match with lobster, crab legs dressed in butter, or fried calamari with a lemon-herb sauce.