CHABLIS PREMIER CRU 'LES VAILLONS' 2017
DOMAINE VINCENT DAMPT
Vincent Dampt is from a long line of Chablis winemakers. He trained in the Jura, and with Leflaive in Puligny Montrachet, before returning to his native Chablis to make wine under his own name. The 'Les Vaillons' premier cru is the largest in Chablis, and has a south-easterly aspect and Kimmeridgian soils.
- Concentrated notes of citrus zest, orchard fruit and seashell minerality
- 2017 had some issues with frost, but ultimately presents excellent quality and ageing potential
- Vincent Dampt originally worked for his father, before founding his own estate in 2004
- 2019/2026 drinking window
- Lovely paired with dover sole, baked in butter, or with a fresh goats cheese