CHÂTEAU MACHORRE 2012
Generously-hefty, age-worthy, and gloriously old-fashioned claret, from a south-west facing property in excellent value Entre-Deux-Mers.
- Aromas of cassis, plums, leather, earthy spices and cedar-wood cigar box.
- Rich, robust and weighty in the mouth, with ripe blackcurrant and savoury minerals.
- The 2006 is drinking beautifully right now, showing melted tannins and wonderful heft.
- Drink up to 15 years after release.
- Match with roast spring lamb, rib of beef, or stuffed Portabello mushrooms drizzled with truffle oil.