PARAJES DE BIERZO 2018
Full-flavoured red wine from Castilla y León, Northern Spain. 'Pajares' means places, representing the winemakers love of these single-vineyard plots around Valtuille de Abajo. The wine ages for one year in barrels before bottling. Made from Mencia, which is renowned for producing high-quality, floral wines in this region.
- Intense nose of spice and black forest fruit. Hints of subtle oak.
- Medium-bodied with soft red fruits. Really long finish.
- Made from a selection of top vineyards and aged for one year in barrels.
- Drink now and over the next 6-8 years.
- Match with a spicy bean stew. A slow roast leg of lamb, or lentil curry.