SANCERRE 'LES MONTES DAMNÉS' 2015
Produced from the single, hill side vineyard of 'Les Montes Damnés', this is the Rolls Royce of Sancerre's. François Cotat produces richer, oak aged wines that are atypical for Sancerre but have gained a critically acclaimmed, cult following.
- Notes of Lemon, apricot and quince, with a subtle, smokey minerality
- Barrel fermented with natural yeast
- Les Montes Damnés has Kimmeridgian clay soils, similar to Chablis
- Drink now, but can certainly age for many years to come
- Enjoy with fresh goats cheese, or Burrata with grilled peaches