Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") apply to and form part of every contract between RWM Holdings Limited (Roberson Wine) and its customers ("Customer"). No terms and/or conditions which the Customer may seek to impose or which may be implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing shall apply or have effect.
In these Terms and Conditions:
- "Customer" - means any Private Customer or Trade Customer as the case may be;
- "Goods" - means the products to be supplied by Roberson Wine to the Customer;
- "Private Customer" - means a Customer who is not a Trade Customer;
- "Reserves" - means goods stored by or on behalf of Roberson Wine in accordance with section 8; and
- "Trade Customer" - means a Customer who purchases Goods with a view to resale in the ordinary course of its business and/or who Roberson Wine notifies is classified as such.
Roberson Wine may amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time. None of Roberson Wine's employees or agents has the right to bind Roberson Wine to any verbal agreement which does not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
1. Ordering and payment
- All orders are only confirmed on receipt of our invoice, all wines are offered subject to availability and final confirmation. All orders are subject to a minimum value of £250.
- Unless otherwise stated all prices on this site are per case of 12 bottles and are exclusive of duty and V.A.T.
- All wines are priced in GBP, all other rates provided are indicative.
- Unless otherwise agreed all payments are due on receipt of invoice and may be made by the methods outlined in section 5. Payment Information. Credit will be extended to approved trade clients, however, for all export accounts all payments are due prior to release of goods for export.
- We reserve the right to cancel all orders where payment is overdue with 48 hours’ notice and to invoice the respective client for any losses incurred by Roberson Wine. Furthermore, we reserve the right to utilise any other wines held by us on behalf of the client to cover any outstanding amounts owed.
- Until all outstanding amounts are settled Roberson Wine retains title over all goods.
2. Delivery and Transfers
- Delivery within London is free for order over £500 (excluding V.A.T. and duty charges) Delivery outside London will be charged at a cost. Delivery for orders under that amount or to other destinations will be charged at a cost. Transfer to storage accounts at London City Bond, Vinotheque or other storage (Octavian, EHD, etc.) are free for orders over £500 (excluding V.A.T. and duty charges)
- All trade orders are offered ex-cellars E.H.D. London No. 1 Bond, Sunbury-on-Thames
- Wines that are not collected within 3 weeks of being made available will incur storage charges of £10.41 + VAT per 9L case per year or part-year.
- Claims for breakages will only be allowed if the Customer notifies Roberson Wine as soon as possible (and, in any event, within 7 days) after delivery. The Customer must retain breakages and accompanying packaging for examination by Roberson Wine or its agent.
3. Quality and Acceptance of Goods
- We are stringent in our sourcing policy and are clear in our requirements to suppliers with regards to the label and capsule conditions and acceptable fill levels. For the majority of older wines we can provide photos prior to purchase to demonstrate the case condition.
- Roberson is unable to accept any responsibility for wines that are corked or out of condition.
4. Other Terms and Conditions
- Force Majure Roberson Wine will not be liable for failure to meet agreed obligations due to prevailing circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- Jurisdiction All our contracts are made under English Law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- Age limit In the UK, it is illegal to sell alcohol to anyone under the age of 18 years. Similar restrictions apply in other jurisdictions. By placing an order with Roberson Wine, the Customer confirms that he or she is at least 18 years old (or otherwise above any applicable age limit). At the time of delivery of the Customer's order, Roberson Wine or its agent may request proof of age from the person accepting the delivery. If appropriate proof cannot be produced, Roberson Wine or its agent may refuse to deliver the order.
5. Payment information
We accept a wide range of payment methods as outlined below, if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.Bank transfer
Please make all transfers to the account detailed below and reference them using the account number (FWXXX) and the invoice number (ROIXXXXX) quoted on your invoice.
RWM Holdings Ltd bank account
Coutts & Co
Sort Code – 18-00-02
Account – 04406052
BIC code – COUTGB22
IBAN Number – GB76 COUT 1800 0204 4060 52
Please send cheques to the address below made out to Roberson Wine Please note that no wines will be released until funds are cleared into our account.
FAO Accounts Payable
21-27 Seagrave Road
We accept a range of credit and debit cards. Please note that some types of card will attract a surcharge as follows:
- Debit cards – NO FEE
- Amex – 3% surcharge
- Other credit cards – 1.5% surcharge
6. Current Rates of UK Excise Duty
The current rates of U.K. duty per 9 litre case of wine are listed below for your information.
- Still wine exceeding 5.5% but less than 15% =£25.98
- Still wine exceeding 15% but less than 22% =£34.63
- Sparkling wine exceeding 8.5% but less than 15% =£32.27
7. Title in goods
- Goods purchased and held 'in bond' as Reserves shall remain the property of Roberson Wine until Roberson Wine has received payment in full (in cash or cleared funds) for those Goods (excluding VAT, duty and delivery charges); and
- Goods purchased and held 'duty paid' as Reserves, or not held as Reserves, shall remain the property of Roberson Wine until Roberson Wine has received payment in full (in cash or cleared funds) for those Goods (including any applicable VAT, duty and delivery charges).
- In the case of Goods purchased 'en primeur', those Goods may be stored in bulk in the region of their production. Until the Goods are bottled and transferred to Roberson Wine's bonded warehouse, they cannot be segregated and the Customer may have a contractual rather than a proprietary interest in them.
- Risk of loss or damage to Goods shall pass to the Customer when the Goods are physically delivered to or collected by either the Customer or an agent acting on behalf of the Customer.
Roberson Wine offers storage facilities to its Customers for Goods purchased from Roberson Wine or (in accordance with paragraph 7.5) for goods purchased from other sources.
- Roberson Wine's records will distinguish the ownership of Reserves from the ownership of Roberson Wine's own trading stock. Reserves will not be stored on the same pallets as Roberson Wine's own trading stock.
- Storage charges for Reserves shall be at the prevailing rate plus VAT (where applicable) per year (or part year) per case. (£10.41 + VAT per 9L case per year or part-year)
- Charges will be rendered annually in advance and are to be paid as otherwise agreed with Roberson Wine. Unless otherwise stated, annual storage charges will be invoiced as a condition of storage being provided. Roberson Wine's storage rental year runs from 1st September to 31st August. A list of Reserves will be sent to the Customer annually in September with an invoice for storage for the year ending on the immediately preceding 31st August.
- Reserves will be insured by Roberson Wine against all risks of physical loss or damage as at the date of such loss or damage subject to the policy terms or conditions. Although it is Roberson Wine's intention to cover the present market value of any losses, in view of the difficulty in assessing the total market value and the market value of individual rarities, Roberson Wine can only try to ensure that full compensation is recovered in cases of loss.
- Reserves can only be made and withdrawn in multiples of one case unless otherwise agreed.
- As an additional service, Roberson Wine can offer storage for goods purchased from other sources. Roberson Wine will rely solely on the accompanying documentation provided by the Customer and/or the designated warehouse from where the wine was delivered/collected, as being valid authentication of the description and quantity of the goods upon acceptance by Roberson Wine. Roberson Wine will not accept liability for either the provenance or condition of goods purchased from other sources or for any defect or other fault that these goods may have or may develop. Goods purchased from other sources shall be the property of the Customer.
- Roberson Wine may require any Customer instructions to deal with Reserves to be confirmed in writing before acting on those instructions.
- In the event of non-payment of accounts (including storage charges), Roberson Wine reserves the right to exercise a lien over and/or to sell some or all of a Customer's Reserves and to deduct from the proceeds of sale any outstanding amounts.
- Roberson Wine makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of all information on this website.
- This site is provided “as is” and Roberson Wine makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy of information contained on this website.
- Roberson Wine reserves the right to amend all information, including information relating to price and availability, without notice.
10. Security & Privacy
- Roberson Wine takes your security seriously and has taken all reasonable steps to ensure your credit card details are secure at all times, however, no data transmission over the internet or data storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- Roberson Wine collects and uses information about you in order to process your orders and to keep you informed of its products and promotions which may be of interest to you.
- Your personal details are kept strictly confidential and are not shared with any third party.
11. Limitations of Liability
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit in any way Roberson Wine's liability for death or personal injury or for fraudulent misrepresentation or for breach of its obligations under s12 Sale of Goods Act 1979 or s2 Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 or s2(3) Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- Roberson Wine shall not be liable to the Customer for ullages or for any deterioration in the condition of any wine (which can occur naturally to all wines no matter how well cared for), whether that wine is in reserve storage with Roberson Wine or stored separately by or on behalf of the Customer.
- Roberson Wine shall not be liable to the Customer for any claim (whether arising in or for contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, misrepresentation or otherwise) under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions for: (a) any loss of profit, revenue, anticipated savings, business or contract; and (b) any special, indirect or consequential loss.
- Roberson Wine's total liability arising under these Terms and Conditions shall not in respect of any single claim exceed the order value including any VAT, duty and delivery charges of the order that gives rise to the claim.